I am back ! From not blogging in nearly a month!
I plan on doing a “where I went and what happened to me in August” post, because I didn’t want to condense it OR flood the post out. XD You can read that post here. (on Sunday. I’ll come back and post the link. XD)
But, a quick synopsis…
- Camped in Maryland. Lots of rocks and mushrooms.
- Got to go to DC!
- SAW THE WASHINGTON MONUMENT.
- AND ALEXANDER HAMILTON’S SIGNATURE ON THE CONSTITUION AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSES.
- Also the Magna Carta happened to be there?
- Toured Gettysburg
- Rode the Metro bus (pretty cool I must say)
- sang lots of hamilton
- toured Monticello (more hamliton songs, sorry)
- and drove. a lot. many. many. hours.
Then we got back and off into the flurry of college dual credit class sign ups I went lol!!
This was sad. I really should have pushed to read more in August since it’ll be even harder come school semester times. I have so many books I’d like to read… but traveling messed my reading habits. I was even signed up to be a part of a book tour but didn’t get a chance to because I was so busy.
The One was actually good and I stayed up till 1:30am reading it. (which is late for me. haven’t done that since I was like thirteen.) Apollo was pretty good, and The Girl was alright. Not my kinda book.
Writing at the beginning of this month was a leetle sketchy, to be honest. I didn’t do much, partially because travel, partially because I was lazy.
This month I’ve had several things to do on my writing bucket list:
- finish Truth Remaining’s first rewrite (check! Felt SO good getting that done)
- Read through TR again on paper (…not exactly happened yet…)
- write a query letter for Sparrow Singing (existential crisis continues)
- order a copy of Sparrow Singing to do a final read through (on its way!)
- write a synopsis for Sparrow Singing (lol)
So things didn’t go too badly. They could have gone better. But the next two steps in my writing process will be editing that hard copy of Sparrow, which I’m waiting to arrive, and writing that query letter, something I’m terrified about. Don’t get me started on writing the synopsis, either.
September is going to be a busy one.
I start up chemistry and Algebra and History and college Spanish and college drawing. All while trying to write and art and blog.
Honestly, we’ll see how things go. I’m going to try my hardest to get some posts lined up and keep this going. I enjoy writing and blogging and this side of things. Its something I kinda wanna do… so I’m going to keep doing it.
I’d also like to complete the writing goals I didn’t complete this month. We’ll see.
Keep you eyes peeled for the full story on what I did all August this Sunday! Its killer. So beautiful. Breathtakingly deep. Definitely not full of trip pictures and rants about college… nope…