June is over. What?
Well, last month I didn’t have too many goals. I mentioned art, writing, and reading. Annnd that’s basically what I’ve done. Not too much else has happened in terms of other stuff. XD
- I started an instagram for my art/illustration (as that’s one of the things I’m considering pursuing in college.) It’s @jenecadraws, if you’re interested. 😀
- This happened earlier.
It’s official. Today, I am 18. 🎉🎂
— Jeneca Zody (@jenecawrites) June 9, 2017
- Lot’s o’ swimming has gone on, and it’s been reasonably warm, too.
- I took the SAT. All went well, really. Hopefully. I guess we’ll find out when I get the results. XD
- I tried making and posting “creative people problems” comics on my twitter. If I make enough, I’ll put them all into a blog post. Here’s the first one, though:
- I’ve been checking out book after book at the library. I wonder if they’ll ever get sick of me interlibrary loaning everything? Stay tuned.
- So many people I know have been traveling this month and it’s making me restless to just go somewhere. Is this a highlight? Probably. Because I’ve been thinking about traveling all month, to beaches, Cali, down south, England. Just everywhere.
- Anndd thinking about tiny houses.
This turned out to be *such* a good month for reading! Probably the best I’ve had since last year. I was partially inspired by my library’s reading program, though. I requested and checked out allll the books I’ve been interested in lately. Why?
Every time I check out a book, I get a slip of paper where I can put in a box for a prize drawing. But not some dinky prize, no, a prize like a $40 barnes and noble gift card or a mini fridge.
But back to books: CAN WE TALK ABOUT CODE NAME VERITY? AND THE SEEDS OF AMERICA SERIES. Both of them are so. stinking. good. If you want to read Code Name Verity, please, get the audio book. It made my cry, but I couldn’t get more than a few tears out because I was sitting there, gaping and staring in disbelief.
Ugh. So good.
Writing. Well, I did write some this month. Actually, I got quite a bit done… before I fizzled out at the end, that is.
I think I talked a bit about writing in my rambles post mid way through. For the most part, writing stopped after that.
I finished incorporating beta suggestions (for the most part) as well as beta typos. Then I compiled the thing in scrivener, and opened up the 330 page file in open office (which is free Microsoft Word, essentially)
I now need to read through it, a final-ish read through, to make sure the voice is good, I didn’t leave andy funky typos, and all of the plots of efficiently woven in.
hopefully this will all be done in time for me to leave camp where I can talk to the resident author that’ll be there all week? and can help me figure out how to query? yeah.
I’m incredibly excited for July. I’ll be selling at the farmers market again for a bit, then going to my favorite camp in the whole world for a week, and then at the very beginning of August, I’m going to head to the east coast for a while with some friends.
Yes. Travel. It’s not California… but it’ll do. 😉
That means basically three weeks without blogging or writing… but no worries! I’m going to set up a bunch of posts for ya’ll. It’ll be good.
But also in July: I’m attempting Camp NaNo again! I’m just doing the same book I did last April, the sequel to Sparrow that I wrote in 2015. Since camp started yesterday, however, I have yet to write a single word… I was busy all day July 1st.
I will finish this thing. XD
How was your month of June? Do you plan on doing Camp NaNo this July?