This month has been one of “too many things to do, so many things to do.” But now that school is over and I have time to focus. All I had to do was get past my main barrier:
Myself. (with a sprinkling of youtube…)
- The Alice in Wonderland play I was in went so. stinking. well.
It being my first play and I, and me being Alice, I was a leetle concerned. But it went so well. There weren’t any major mess ups and the crowd was great! I was really thankful to have two Alice’s, too:
We both memorized the entire play. That meant that during opening night she did Act 1 and I did Act 2, then the second night we switched and I did the opening. It lowered the stress levels and allowed me to obsess over my lines right before I went on stage.
- This summer I’ll be working at a city market selling post cards and greeting cards and stuff. Yesterday was my first one and it actually went really well! It was a lot of fun to talk to people and make money of something I love. XD
- I got my hair cut, which is most definitely a I highlight because I couldn’t cut my hair for three months because of Alice. It was getting long and my bangs were a mess. But we’re all good now.
- Chicks! Our broody hen sat on eight eggs and hatched seven!
we have baby chicks hatching on our farm.
I repeat: we have baby chicks hatching on our farm.
they are literally cotton balls on legs.
— Jeneca Z. (@jenecawrites) May 26, 2017
- This isn’t really a highlight, it’s actually more of a lowlight… but I wanted to include it for records sake. Our local coffee house is closing. It’s terribly sad because it’s a very popular shop. But they’re having building issues with the owner and blergh. So sad. 😥 There’s anyone one in town, but it’s further away. And of course Starbucks, but that’s even further. *sADnesS*
- I’m also not sure if this is a highlight or not, but now that school is officially over? I’m a senior. Around this time next year I’ll be done, and I can’t even fathom that. O_O
I know I wrote a post about ‘killing your TBR’ so no laughing at me. I only read five books XD. I wasn’t actually free to read until the second week of May, and then I had to remember that reading books besides my Alice in Wonderland script was a thing.
Some Kind of Happiness was so stinking good, and is probably my favorite read this month. The Selection, comes in a close second… You’re Welcome Universe, I DNFed.
I have three main goals right now in the writing area: Edit Sparrow Singing with beta suggestions, write a synopsis of Sparrow, and finish writing draft two of Truth Remaining.
This month I focused on editing Truth Remaining. It’s nearly there… I have about 20k left to right and man, the feels. the plot twists. XD
But I’ve been getting wonderful comments back from this round of Sparrow Singing beta readers. Several them I know IRL, so one of them sent me these pictures when they finished:
Now that schools not present, I can write! And Art! And read! And fun stuff! (for the most part XD) It’s seriously felt so good this month to just create.
June. It’s always been my favorite month. This one will be pretty low-key, besides taking the SAT (studystudystudy) and June being my birthday month (another reason I adore June.)
Another goal I have is web hosting. I’m trying to get Jeneca Writes off its .wordpress.com thing and self hosted. http://www.jenecawrites.com, anyone?! We’ll see. This might get pushed into July, but who knows! I really excited for these summer months, my friends!