Hello everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve attempted to do Beautiful People, and that’s kinda sad. It’s such a fun link up!
Never heard of it before? Here’s a short description by Cait, one of the link up runners:
Beautiful People is a writing blog meme which I co-host with the marvelous Sky @ Further Up and Further. We post questions at the beginning of each month (generally around the 5th) that you can answer on your own blogs! It’s designed (A) to help you get to know your characters better, and (B) share with us about your writing projects!
This month I’m focusing on one of my side characters from Sparrow Singing, Ember! This is exciting because Ember is getting HER OWN NOVEL (she’ll be closing out my trilogy) this November. And I love her. should be interesting. XD
- How did you come up with this character? Ember came to be in November of 2014 when I was planning out my NaNo. I knew it took place in a school (a dystopian future school, that is) and that meant there must be students. And lots of them. And probably should be important to my MC. So then came about Ember, my MC Lyric’s room mate. So I sketched out a group of girls, making them all looking different and have different hair dos and Ember was born!
- Have they ever been starving? Why? And what did they eat to break the fast? Ember? Ember does not starve. (at least not yest mwahahhahahaha) She would probably just have a sugary bowl of cereal. Or two. Even though all around her being more slim is the norm and the desirable, to quote her from my WIP:“My relationship with pizza is too far progressed. I’d hate to break up after all we’ve been through.”
- Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of? Weell she thinks she’s pretty talented in her VR playing skills. But in all realities, she’s an amazing singer with a deep throaty voice.
- List 3 things that would make them lose their temper. 1) People being stupid 2) Annoying people/stupid people when she’s had to my drink 3) Anyone who puts down the fact that she plays VR3 instead of living life sometimes.
- What is their favorite type of weather? Least favorite? She likes it when it’s cooler and cloudy, especially during a rainstorm. Then she can play on her phone or chat or whatever without being asked to come outside to the Plaza or anything else. Her least favorite would be the usual sweltering southern Californian days.
- What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality? Ember is in Slytherin, with a close second in Gryfindor. Her MBTI is ENFP last time “she” took it.
- Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future? Hm… A combo. She is more likely to worry about things that are in front of her now. As far as she’s aware, her future is set in stone.
- What is their favorite thing to drink? The ‘drink’ they offer down at the Rab Club. Once glass is never enough.
- What is their favorite color? Least favorite? He hair has been died purple outside her will since as long as she can remember. She likes purple and other darker colors, black, gray. Her least favorite would have to be pastels and the color pink. Except in lipstick, it’s fine as lipstick.
- What is a book that changed their life? There are no books in their school, besides music books, etc.